Frequently Asked Questions

Copy of Discharge - You have several options:

• Contact your attorney.

• Visit the courthouse. The fee for copies is .50 cents per page.

Request a copy at

• Subscribe to the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) service.  PACER allows users to obtain and print case and docket information online from bankruptcy courts.  More information about PACER is available at or by calling the PACER Service Center at (800) 676-6856 between the hours of 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday - Friday CST.


Remove from Credit Bureau - The bankruptcy court does not perform any activities with the credit bureaus. You must contact the individual credit bureaus for their procedure for removing your bankruptcy filing from their credit report. In general, bankruptcies are listed on your credit report for 7-10 years.


Pro Hac Vice - Review the Motion to Appear Pro Hac Vice procedure on the Court’s website at:



Register for PACER account - The following link will direct you to Pacer:



Do I need a username and password to file a Proof of Claim online?

Anyone can file a proof of claim using the Electronic Proof of Claim (ePOC) system. No login or password is required. 



Change my Address - Provide your new address to your attorney, who can file the appropriate documents with the Clerk’s Office. If you do not have an attorney, mail or hand-deliver a signed statement identifying the case number, the old address and the current mailing address to the Clerk’s Office.  A sample Pro Se Notice of Change of Address is available here:


Jurisdiction and Where to File - For cases filed non-electronically, all petitions, lists, schedules, statements and other documents required by the Bankruptcy Court to commence a case shall be filed with the Clerk's Office in the division where the principal place of business, domicile, residence, or principal assets of the debtor have been located for such period of time as required by 28 U.S.C. §1408. If the Court determines that a case has been filed in the incorrect division, the Court may transfer the case to the correct division without notice. All papers tendered for filing after the commencement of a case shall be filed with the Clerk's Office in the division where the case is pending.

To locate the proper division for filing, follow the link below and select the county in which the residence or principle assets are located.

Pro Se Resources

The following link contains forms for Pro Se Debtors: 

Article Details

Article ID:
Rating :